The mission of U.S. Pain Foundation is to educate, empower, connect, and advocate for people living with chronic conditions that cause pain. As a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those who live with painful conditions and their care providers, U.S. Pain Foundation helps individuals find resources and inspiration.
2018 stats about U.S. Pain:
- More than 16,400 subscribers and 2,030 volunteers
- Social media reach of more than 217,000 followers combined on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Published four editions of the INvisible Project with a readership of 83,000
- 1,040 volunteers contacted policymakers through advocacy campaigns
- Hosted three Take Control of Your Pain education days
- 14,500 participants in more than 16 online educational events and webinars
- Distributed 12,000 pain warrior bracelets
- Coordinated more than 14 support groups and three support group monthly calls
- 125 children with pain and their family members attended two Pediatric Pain Warrior retreat weekends
- And more!
Stats about chronic pain:
- Chronic pain is typically defined as pain lasting longer than three months
- Chronic pain affects 50 million Americans, not including children
- Severe chronic pain affects an estimated 19.6 million Americans
- Pain costs the nation up to $635 billion each year in medical treatments, disability payments and lost productivity
- Chronic pain is still widely underfunded, misunderstood and undertreated.
Visit our Funding page.
For media inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.