The mission of U.S. Pain Foundation is to educate, empower, connect, and advocate for people living with chronic conditions that cause pain. As a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those who live with painful conditions and their care providers, U.S. Pain Foundation helps individuals find resources and inspiration.
Stats about U.S. Pain:
As of November 2018, U.S. Pain Foundation has:
- More than 15,000 members and 1,500 volunteers
- Social media reach of more than 217,000 followers combined on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Partnered with over 200 other patient, clinician and health care organizations
- Published four editions of the INvisible Project
- Hosted three Take Control of Your Pain days this year
- Hosted more than 12 webinars
- Coordinated more than 12 support groups and three support group monthly calls
Stats about chronic pain:
- Chronic pain is typically defined as pain lasting longer than three months
- Chronic pain affects 50 million Americans, not including children
- Severe chronic pain affects an estimated 19.6 million Americans
- Pain costs the nation up to $635 billion each year in medical treatments, disability payments and lost productivity
- Chronic pain is still widely underfunded, misunderstood and undertreated.
Visit our Transparency page.
For media inquiries, email email@example.com.