The mission of U.S. Pain Foundation is to educate, empower, connect, and advocate for people living with chronic conditions that cause pain. As a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those who live with painful conditions and their care providers, U.S. Pain Foundation helps individuals find resources and inspiration.
Current Facts and Statistics about U.S. Pain:
As of January 2017, U.S. Pain Foundation has:
- More than 90,000 members and 1,000 volunteers
- Presence in more than 960 offices of health care professionals nationwide
- Social media reach of nearly 225,000 followers combined on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Partners with over 200 other patient, clinician and health care organizations
- Learn more about our 2016 efforts in our annual report.
Facts and Statistics about Chronic Pain:
Based on 2011 Institute of Medicine report, Relieving Pain in America:
- Chronic pain is typically defined as pain lasting longer than three months
- Chronic pain affects nearly 100 million Americans, not including children
- Severe chronic pain affects an estimated 17 million Americans
- Pain costs the nation up to $635 billion each year in medical treatments, disability payments and lost productivity
- Chronic pain is still widely underfunded, misunderstood and undertreated.
2016 – U.S. Pain Foundation 990 Tax Return – coming soon
Would you like to use the U.S. Pain logo? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.