We’re kicking off our #NeuromodulationKnowledge campaign with a Twitter chat tonight at 8 pm ET.
To participate or follow along, just look for the hashtag #PainChat or visit our Twitter page, @US_Pain. We’ll be talking about the science behind neuromodulation, the pros and cons, what patients should know, and more.
By participating in any two of three events we’re hosting in November, you are eligible to receive a free U.S. Pain face mask! More details can be found on our KNOWvember webpage.
But wait, what is a Twitter chat?
No worries if this is your first time participating in a Twitter chat! To help you, we’ve developed a step-by-step guide.
How to follow the chat and see the latest posts
- Log in to Twitter.com (you must have an account set up already!)
- In the “Search Twitter” toolbar, type in #PainChat (or whatever the hashtag is) and hit enter
- This will show you “top” tweets that use #PainChat. But to join the chat, you want to see the latest ones, so click “Latest.”
4. Now you will see all tweets with “#PainChat” in chronological order. Twitter will prompt you as new tweets come in, or you can refresh the page.
Now that you know how to follow along, next up is how to participate!
- At the chat start time, U.S. Pain will welcome everyone and then begin asking a series of questions about the topic. Each question will be labelled “Q1”, “Q2,” etc., and have the hashtag #PainChat at the end.
- To reply directly to the question, use “A1,” “A2,” etc. so everyone knows which question you’re answering, and don’t forget to use #PainChat at the end. You can also retweet or reply to someone else’s #PainChat tweet.
- Make sure to be respectful of other opinions, but most importantly, have fun! Thanks for creating dialogue around pain management.