A high-ranking federal task force has released its much-anticipated draft report with recommendations for improving the management of chronic and acute pain. The public is being asked to provide feedback on the report by April 1.
On Jan. 16, Cindy Steinberg, National Director of Policy and Advocacy for U.S. Pain Foundation and the only patient and patient advocacy representative on the task force, presented a webinar on the report, why it matters and how to weigh in.
Her discussion covered the following questions:
- Why was this report created?
- What was the charge to the PMTF?
- Who created the report?
- Was there public input?
- What is in the report?
- Why does this matter/what does it mean for me?
- How does it differ from the National Pain Strategy (NPS)?
- How do I get a copy? How do I comment?