Through Pain Connection, U.S. Pain Foundation offers a network of support groups across the country. These support groups are led by people with pain who have received special training via Pain Connection’s Clinical Director, Gwenn Herman, LCSW, DCSW, a licensed social worker and person with pain.
We are currently looking to expand our support group offerings to even more states through our next training on March 16 & 17 in San Francisco, CA, at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport/Burlingame.
Are you the leader we have been looking for?
Our support group training empowers people with pain to lead effective support groups in their communities. At the training, you will learn how to:
- Successfully launch a local support group in your state
- Lead productive but compassionate discussions
- Recognize and understand the psychosocial impact of pain
- Empower your group members to utilize their own internal healing abilities
- Share helpful strategies like mindfulness and self-massage
Scholarships are available for U.S. Pain volunteers!
If you are signed up as a U.S. Pain Foundation volunteer, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship that covers:
- the cost of the training
- two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn
- five meals
- a $400 travel stipend
Please note the following eligibility requirements for applying and attending:
- Applicants must be a current U.S Pain advocate or ambassador
- If accepted, you agree to lead monthly support group meeting in your state, with support and guidance from Pain Connection
- If accepted, you agree to provide $50, non-refundable deposit to hold your space and ensure your commitment
How to apply
To apply for the scholarship, fill out this form and submit to Gwenn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 800-910-6951 by March 4. (If you do not need the scholarship to attend, use this form instead.)
Space is limited and only a select number of volunteers will be chosen at this time. If selected, you will receive an email or phone call from Gwenn. If you are not selected, future opportunities will be available.