Turning Lemons into Lemonade: Building resilience despite chronic pain
Resiliency is the ability to bounce back despite setbacks, and is a concept of particular relevance to the challenges of living with pain. Afton Hassett, PsyD, a licensed clinical psychologist and an Associate Professor and Director of Pain and Opioid Research in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Michigan, will share research she has conducted on developing resilience-enhancing skills for people with chronic pain. Then hear from patient advocates, Karen Duffy and Gary Ho, as they share firsthand experiences of how they are aiming to incorporate those skills in their pain management journey.
- Clinical Trials: A Way for Patients to Contribute to Pain Research
- How the NIH HEAL Initiative is addressing unmet needs of people with chronic pain
- Medically Complex? Tips to Prepare for an Emergency or Planned Hospitalization
- From Lab to Real World: The Steps to Creating New Pain Treatments
- Research Pain to Manage Pain