Resources on COVID-19
For information on COVID-19, we recommend visiting the following resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
How COVID-19 is affecting pain care
In order to better understand the challenges the pain community is facing and find ways to help, U.S. Pain Foundation recently conducted a survey of 664 individuals with pain about the impact of COVID-19.
The data, published in an April 15 report, highlights several concerning trends.
- 77.4% said they were experiencing barriers to medical care
- 63.8% said they were experiencing increased pain
- 56.1% said they didn’t understand their insurer’s telehealth coverage policies
Get help dealing with effects of COVID-19
Latest news and blog posts
- A Q&A about telehealth with Dr. Jeffrey Fudin
- My silent wait
- Get your telehealth questions answered on Aug. 24
- COVID-19 magnifies stress on caregivers
- Tips for talking to your doctor via telemedicine
- Building Your Toolbox holds second event, announces topic line-up
- Tips: medical marijuana during the pandemic
- Ergonomic tips for home: Positioning yourself for less pain
- Shelter in place? I’m used to staying at home
- Poor weather = tough emotions
- Register now for the Pediatric Pain Warrior 2020 Virtual Retreat!
- Join a May 4 webinar on finding balance during crisis
- Survey highlights vulnerabilities of chronically ill during COVID-19 pandemic
- Four ways to get the most out of your telemedicine appointment
- Webinar featuring two researchers on COVID-19 and chronic pain
- Pediatric Pain Warriors host online talent show
- Making peace with a rollercoaster of emotions
- Webinar recordings available: tips from a PT and COVID-19 coping strategies
- COVID-19: Pain-focused information and resources
- Stuck at home because of quarantine? Advice from the chronically ill
- But I need that appointment!
- How chronic health issues prepared me for a pandemic
- An update on COVID-19 and U.S. Pain programs
How U.S. Pain is responding to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, we have postponed all in-person events for the remainder of the year.
- We have ramped up our online educational and support program, including:
- Launching a Pediatric Pain Warrior Virtual Retreat, which is providing free, weekly event for kids with pain and their families. Register here.
- Kicking off “Building Your Toolbox,” an interactive videoconference series under the auspices of our support group network, Pain Connection. Register here.
- Increasing communications about our five monthly call-in support group offerings. Register here.
- Transitioned our in-person Advocacy Summit to be held as a Virtual Advocacy Training Series. (This event is invite-only.) Learn more.
- Providing COVID-19-related education and content as needed, including webinars on: COVID-19 as a disease and two webinars on managing stress during the pandemic. We are also working on telehealth education and resources. See upcoming events.
- In April, we conducted a survey on how COVID-19 has impacted pain warriors, publicized the results, and launched an advocacy campaign to ask policymakers to do more to protect patients. See the results.